What your dentist in Vancouver wants you to know
There are many people out there who don’t visit their dentist on a regular basis, but they pay a price. They often have more dental pain, more decay, and more expensive dental problems in the long run, than those who practice prevention by visiting the dentist.
So how often should you visit your dentist to keep your smile healthy and beautiful? Dr. Jill Markos in Vancouver, WA, wants to share the facts about why regular dental visits are so important.
First of all, you should visit your dentist at least once each year. During your dental visit, your dentist will:
- Perform a full dental examination checking your soft tissue for any abnormalities or signs of oral cancer.
- Take state-of-the-art digital x-rays in order to see in between your teeth and down below the gumline.
- Check for any signs of decay, cracks, dental abscesses, or other problems.
You should also visit your dental hygienist once every six months for a professional dental cleaning, or once every three to four months if you have periodontal disease. During your dental hygiene appointment, your hygienist will:
- Examine your gums to check for gum recession, inflammation, soft tissue attachment loss, and other problems.
- Check for bone loss on the x-rays and by measuring the areas around your teeth.
- Clean your teeth free of soft and hard deposits and polish your teeth to remove stains.
You deserve a healthy, beautiful smile for life, and your dentist can help you achieve it. Make visiting the dentist a vital part of your healthcare routine because you can’t do it all by yourself. For more information about dental examinations, professional dental cleanings, and other dental services call Dr. Markos in Vancouver, WA, today!